The microfiche is available:
- Monday 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Guidelines for the use of the New York State Vital Records Index:
- Fiche may only be requested by citing the desired fiche number, which patrons may determine by consulting Hartwig's Finding Guide to the NY State Vital Records Indexes.
- A Broome County Public Library card, a driver's license, or another acceptable photo ID is required, and will be held by the staff while fiche is in use.
- Patrons may request 5 (five) at one time, with no daily limit.
- Patrons must sign in on a log sheet. At the conclusion of fiche usage, patrons are asked to note the number of fiche used on the log sheet.
- Fiche may only be used in the Local History & Genealogy Center.
- Photocopying is strictly prohibited.
- Staff reserves the right to limit time on fiche readers to one hour (based upon demand.)
- No reservations will be taken for fiche readers.
- Fiche readers will be shut off and fiche re-filed 10 minutes before closing.
- Fiche research requests by telephone cannot be accommodated.
View Research Fees Information